The LeadingAge Ohio Foundation is a not-for-profit subsidiary of LeadingAge Ohio and supports member employees through a scholarship program helping individuals to further their careers within senior services.
Application submissions for the 2020 scholarship are open. The Clark R. Law Executive Management Scholarship provides assistance for administrators-in-training or others furthering their career in senior services management.
If you have questions or inquiries regarding the 2020 scholarship program, please contact Jennifer Taylor, Director Member Experience, at 614-545-9028.
To learn more about the LeadingAge Ohio Foundation and the scholarship program, check out this video featuring past scholarship winner Lisa Slipkovich.
Shepherd of the Valley - Poland
2020 Scholarship Information
In 2020, two $2,500 Clark R. Law Executive Management Scholarships will be granted. The application deadline for scholarship applications is June 15.
The Clark R. Law Executive Management Scholarship provides assistance for administrators-in-training or others furthering their career in senior services management.
Who is eligible?
Eligible applicants must:
- Work for a LeadingAge Ohio member organization having completed at least one year of continuous employment
- Commit to a minimum of one additional year of employment with the nominating employer
- Pursue higher education related to the areas of service provided by LeadingAge Ohio members
- Have approval from his/her supervisor
Eligible programs include:
- Accredited colleges/universities
- LeadingAge Ohio and LeadingAge programs
- Certification programs
The executive management scholarship program will accept applications for executive-level courses not related to a degree. All awards go to the institution of higher learning or the individual upon proof of enrollment.
The Scholarship Selection Committee will utilize the following criteria in choosing Clark R. Law Scholarship recipients:
- Education requested matches organizational advancement
- Tenure with the organization
- Completeness and timeliness of application
- Professional presentation of application, including requested narrative of program and how education will benefit self and organization
- Quality/content of recommendations
- Education/involvement/experience in LeadingAge Ohio, LeadingAge, other senior or community service groups
- Any financial support along with an explanation of how educational funding will be paid
- Identify any efforts to find additional funding within and outside of the organization
How to Apply
Scholarship applications can be submitted at any time during the year. The Scholarship committee reviews applications each year at their July meeting so applications wanting to be considered should be submitted no later than June 15th each year.
Click the link below to complete the scholarship application. Please note that once the application has been started, applicants will not be allowed to save a section of the application and complete at a later time. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to have the required information drafted prior to beginning the online application. (Please see the required information section below for more information.)
Note These Helpful Suggestions And Guidelines In Applying For A Scholarship:
- Presentation is important in reviewing applications; to ensure the selection committee can fully review the application, please type and complete the form electronically.
- All applications must include requested documentation, information and signatures. It is suggested that each attachment be labeled, e.g. “Step 5: Financial Information”; “Step 6: Letter of Recommendation”
Letter of Recommendation: A signed letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor or department head which also includes signature of President/CEO or Executive Director must also accompany the application. The letter should highlight the applicant’s achievements, personal and professional growth during employment and how the educational program will benefit the applicant and organization.
Please review the application carefully to ensure that it has been completed fully, including appropriate signatures, documentation, and letter of recommendation.
For general inquiries or assistance with scholarships, please contact Jennifer Taylor, Director of Member Experience, at 614-545-9028 or email@example.com
The LeadingAge Ohio Foundation is supported by the contributions of members who share the vision to help employees grow within the senior services profession.
None at this time.
Recognition & Awards
Kathryn Brod, MBA
- Is the association's primary spokesperson
- Oversees staff and daily operations
- Promotes LeadingAge Ohio's position and public policy goals to elected officials; staff liaison to Advocacy Committee
- Responsible for implementing LeadingAge Ohio's strategic direction
- Works with LeadingAge Ohio Board of Directors
- Staff liaison to Human Resources Committee
"To me this scholarship is a benchmark of my accomplishments as a nurse and student, and has been a huge help toward my goal of becoming a better nurse for myself, my family and my patients."
~ Kira Pilar, LPN/Charge Nurse- Regina Health Center, Richfield, Ohio