- Is the association's primary spokesperson
- Oversees staff and daily operations
- Promotes LeadingAge Ohio's position and public policy goals to elected officials; staff liaison to Advocacy Committee
- Responsible for implementing LeadingAge Ohio's strategic direction
- Works with LeadingAge Ohio Board of Directors
"To me this scholarship is a benchmark of my accomplishments as a nurse and student, and has been a huge help toward my goal of becoming a better nurse for myself, my family and my patients."
~ Kira Pilar, LPN/Charge Nurse- Regina Health Center, Richfield, Ohio
The LeadingAge Ohio Foundation is a not-for-profit subsidiary of LeadingAge Ohio and supports member employees through a scholarship program helping individuals to further their careers within senior services. Scholarships available are:
- Clark R. Law Executive Management Scholarship provides assistance for administrators-in-training or others furthering their career in senior services management;
- General Scholarship Fund provides assistance for individuals wishing to pursue nursing (i.e. nursing school or LPN's wishing to become an RN); or other service lines, such as housing, maintenance, activities, dietary, etc.
To learn more about the LeadingAge Ohio Foundation and the scholarship program, watch this introductory video.
Shepherd of the Valley - Poland
How to Apply
Scholarship applications can be submitted at any time during the year. The Scholarship committee reviews applications each year at their July meeting so applications wanting to be considered should be submitted no later than June 15th each year.
Click the link below to complete the scholarship application. Please note that once the application has been started, applicants will not be allowed to save a section of the application and complete at a later time. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to have the required information drafted prior to beginning the online application. (Please see the required information section below for more information.)
For general inquiries on the Foundation or assistance with scholarships, please contact Kathryn Brod, LeadingAge Ohio President/CEO, at 614-545-9014 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The LeadingAge Ohio Foundation is supported by the contributions of members who share the vision to “grow our own” within the senior services profession.
None at this time.