A Mother's Day Message from LeadingAge Ohio
Mother's Day is an annual reminder to cherish the relationship you have with your mom or that special woman in your life who feels like your mom. Given this year's unique circumstances, many of us are celebrating the holiday this Sunday at home or away from those we love most. As reported in today’s Daily COVID-19 Report, the Governor’s order to restrict visitation in long-term care facilities remains in effect. This includes outdoor visitation.
While some Mother's Day traditions like spa days and brunch are not available this year, the sentiment behind the holiday is more meaningful than ever before. We encourage all members to find creative ways to celebrate and communicate these with residents, families, and staff. This can include helping residents connect with the use of video chat technology, delivering flowers and other gifts, arranging window visits if possible/appropriate, and planning activities for residents.
LeadingAge Ohio has pulled together a list of resources for you to share with your staff and families to help honor and celebrate the important women in our lives.
- 12 Virtual Mother’s Day Ideas That Will Bring You Closer Together
- How to Celebrate Mother’s Day Virtually If You Can’t See Your Mom IRL
- 13 Quarantine Mother's Day Ideas That Are So Creative
- 12 Mother's Day Ideas to Make This Quarantine Holiday One to Remember
- 16 Mother's Day Ideas if You Can't Get Together IRL
- Ideas for a socially distanced Mother’s Day celebration
- 10 Ways To Celebrate Mother’s Day At Home & Ensure Mom Feels Special
To all the moms out there, Happy Mother's Day!
The LeadingAge Ohio Staff