Nurse Aides (CNA/ STNA)
Nurse Aides (CNA/ STNA)
We are not your typical care facility. Situated in a peaceful location above the Rocky River, the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph has openings for Full Time (nights) and Part Time (afternoons) Nurse Aides (CNA/ STNA) to provide hands-on care to the Sisters residing in or convalescing at CSJ Rocky River.
Under the model of Resident-Centered Living, we offer a very low resident to aide ratio, a serene and caring work environment, a competitive wage, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 403(b), pension, paid time-off, tuition assistance, life insurance, and LTD.
DESCRIPTION: The CNA provides hands-on care to the Sisters residing or convalescing at St. Joseph Center. Within the scope of training obtained, they perform direct care activities and assists in maintaining the optimum quality of life for the Sisters under the direction of the Director of Nursing. The aides are responsible for providing a comfortable and safe environment and activities which promote quality of life for the Sisters.
- Keeps informed of changes in Sisters’ condition by being attentive to documentation and communication tools mandated by department policies.
- Notifies supervisor of any changes in conditions i.e. physical, emotional or psychological.
- Accurately documents adverse changes and medication doses with fluid understanding of charting procedures.
- Provides personal aspects of care to increase the level of comfort and to maintain personal hygiene while assuring modesty and respect to the sisters/residents at all times.
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment. Performs care under the direction of licensed nursing personnel.
- Maintains general neatness and order in the facility by providing for light housekeeping needs, particularly when housekeeping staff is not available.
- Accurately reports and documents resident care as dictated by policies of the nursing department.
- In conjunction with state certification and under the supervision of the RN/Center Director of Nursing, may be requested to provide more sophisticated care and perform procedures which have been deemed necessary to monitor medical or mental status of a particular resident. May be requested to pick-up prescriptions, pass medications, or deliver medications.
- May be requested to accompany residents to medical appointments.
- Assists with transports and transfers using proper body mechanics, when needed.
- Provides assistance to the Sisters/residents with regard to exercise equipment, remains knowledgeable about equipment and provide guidance when needed.
- Promotes and maintains a spirit of charism and teamwork. Follows Generous Promises.
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certified Nurse Aide or currently enrolled in a Certified Nurse Aide program strongly preferred.
- Experience in direct personal care and/or geriatrics preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility in working all three shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Flexibility in changing routines in accordance with Sisters’/residents’ schedules.
- Ability to properly use standard medical equipment i.e. thermometers, blood pressure, oxygen, etc.
- Ability to relate well with the elderly and understands individual dignity of residents and co-workers.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to stoop, twist, bend, reach above shoulder level, and lift up to 60 pounds.
- Regular use of hands, fingers, and arms to handle, feel, lift, or move objects.
- Ability to carry out verbal instructions and converse with residents, co-workers, and visitors.
- Ability to respond to audible signals, alarms, call light indicators, and promptly and appropriately respond to a caller on the phone.
- Ability to push/pull wheelchairs, geriatric chairs, and other equipment.
- Ability to transfer residents, with assistance of another, in an emergency situation.
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours as needed, with on-call responsibility.
- Ability to work in an atmosphere of numerous interruptions.
- Exposure to blood borne pathogens, chemical and respiratory hazards.
- Exposure to latex, plastic and/or materials which are used for personal protective equipment.
Successful applicants must pass state-required drug and background screens, including fingerprinting.
The Congregation of St. Joseph is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and hourly wage requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.